An industrial derivative of grape seeds is known as grape seed extracts. The grape seed extract contains proanthocyanidins which are very useful for health benefits. Many people take it in a dietary supplement form due to its multiple benefits on the human body although there is no medical evidence that this is useful for human body. The US National Centre is reporting it for Complementary and Integrative health that oral intake of this extract can be tolerable for the users over 14 weeks though the dosage was not mentioned. It also causes many side effects as well.
Few benefits of grape seed extract and some precautions while taking it
Grape seed extract is a derivative of grape seed and very beneficial in many health problems. People have experienced an excellent solution to their health issues though no medical evidence supports this fact. Few benefits of grapeseed extract are as follows.
- The most useful benefit of grape seed extract is that it helps to heal the wounds. An experiment has been done in which proanthocyanidin has been applied on the injury at the back of the mice and the healing time was much quicker than the other treatment’s healing time. So, grape seed extract contains proanthocyanidin and also produce vascular endothelial growth which heals the wounds in lesser time.
- By using grape seed extract, one can improvise their weaken bones. As calcium plays a vital role for the healthy bones, the grape seed extract helps to strengthen the bones. Issues related to bones are prevalent, especially in women. As Grape seed extract provides proanthocyanidin to our bones and combination of calcium with proanthocyanidin helps in to strengthen the weak bones.
- It also helps to prevalent the skin cancer issue. As per the research from Molecular Nutrition & Food Research, grape seed extract contains the properties which help to reduce the severity of skin cancer. This experiment was done on hairless mice, and the result says that it hasn’t stopped, but it has slow down the formation of increasing skin tumor.
- This grape seed extract also provides cardiovascular benefits as its antioxidants give a shield to the blood vessels from getting damaged and also reduce the chances of high blood pressure issue. The antioxidants of grape seed extract affect the human body in the best possible way as compared to Vitamins C, E, and B-Carotene.
- Another most important benefit of grape seed extract is helping to boost the cognitive energy of the body. The proanthocyanidins of grape seed extract work as a neuroprotectant which helps to improve the memory, especially in old age. It provides the cognitive boost to the human body.
Apart from these benefits, there are many other benefits of grape seed extract like treating tooth decay, getting rid of pathogens problem, Alzheimer’s disease, treatment for diabetic issues, anti-aging issues, improving night visions and many more.
One should avoid taking grape seed extract during pregnancy.
The dosage of grape seed extract and its side effects
Grape seed extract is a dietary supplement and is available in medical stores, or else one can also buy it online. It is available in capsules, tablets and liquid form as well. Before taking this extract, one should consult with their doctor as it can negatively affect the body also. So, the amount of the grape seed extract in the form of a capsule, tablet or liquid should be prescribed by the doctor only.
Apart from the benefits, this extract also has some side effects. Dizziness, stomach ache, itchy scalp, sore throat are some of them. It also works as a blood thinner which is another side effect of this extract. So, one must make this extract an essential part of their life only as per the doctor’s prescription only.