Believe it or not, the earliest recorded plastic surgeries were conducted in ancient India way back during the 6th century, and these procedures revolved around curative and reconstructive principles, not aesthetic ideals. Rhinoplasty, for instance, was used to fix broken noses, improve nasal breathing, and correct birth defects, although it eventually progressed to include the beautification of one’s facial bone structure.
Modernised Plastic Surgery
These remedial hallmarks remain at the forefront of today’s plastic surgery arena, because the vast majority of contemporary treatment options are designed to rectify medical issues, relieve pain, and reinforce a healthy, wholesome body. Shown below are some of the most impactful procedures available in today’s day and age:
- Painless removal of melanoma growths and malignant skin cancers.
- Otoplasty restorations to improve hearing and the appearance of your ears.
- Male and female breast reductions that can decrease back pain, sciatica discomfort, and hump-like growths in the neck.
- Custom-created Botox treatments that can mitigate debilitating migraines and reduce the effects of hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating).
- Modified weight reduction procedures to account for post-pregnancy complications, dietary regimens, and gastric restrictive treatments.
- Cutting-edge enhancement of scars, burns, nipple malformations, and other bodily disfigurements.
- Blepharoplasty procedures that remove unnecessary tissue from the area surrounding the eyes and vastly improve vision.
- Safe and effective facial surgeries including face lifts, neck lifts, brow augmentations, and other nuanced transformations.
- Personalised 3D imaging assessments to detect irregularities, conditions, and disorders before they have a chance to exacerbate.
According to a recent study, the vast majority of plastic surgery patients undergo treatment to resolve diagnosable medical issues. It just so happens that these incredible procedures can also enhance a person’s inherent beauty and visual appeal.
How to Select the Best-Rated Surgeon in Your Vicinity
Before you begin researching the specialists in your area, it’s in your best interest to obtain a medical referral from your physician, because this will considerably mitigate the cost of your procedure and ensure that it will be partially covered by Medicare.
Then, you’ll want take some time out of your day to visit the webpage of a renowned practitioner, especially if you’d like to read through some authentic plastic surgeon in Brisbane reviews and testimonials. This will allow you to gain some valuable insight about the personal stories and first-hand accounts of past patients that have been able to change their lives with modernised surgical treatments.
Once you feel comfortable with a particular local expert, you can easily schedule an introductory consultation to learn about the ins and outs of your options. The initial meeting will help you understand the expenses, potential side effects, and documented results of the most suitable treatments, but best of all, you’ll be able to obtain a true gut-feeling with regard to the surgeon before scheduling a procedure.